Do you sometimes skip your breakfast? Maybe you shouldn’t after you learned that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Why is breakfast so important to start your day in a healthy way?
You can sometimes skip breakfast if you’re in a hurry before going to school. But it is worth paying ten minutes to have breakfast every morning, because you really get many benefits from having a good breakfast in the morning.
Also, remember that it should be a breakfast not just with sugar. Because while it might be sick to eat French bread with Nutella every morning, your body also needs various foods with rich in nutrients.
It could be, for example, oatmeal with fresh berries and milk or yogurt with muesli and apple pieces or a small omelet with ham, tomato and cheese.
If there is a morning when you really are not hungry at all, you should not eat anything! But often it is good to give your body some food so that you can have energy for the school day. So if you are not hungry when you get up, you can make a small “breakfast pack” that you can bring and eat when your stomach starts to whine at school.
Here are five good reasons why you should have breakfast:
- A healthy morning meal lays a good foundation for the rest of the day, and some studies actually show that you’re less likely to become hungry and crave snacks during the day if you make breakfast.
- Several researchers believe that children and adolescents find it easier to concentrate in school if they have breakfast everyday. This is partly because their blood sugar becomes more stable when they have breakfast.
- You avoid your stomach suddenly starting to growl really loudly in the hours before the lunch break, where you can finally get something to eat.
- Sitting down with your breakfast gives you time to think through and plan the day, which can be really nice when you have a busy day.
- You have to eat 600 grams of fruit and vegetables a day, and eating so many vegetables and fruits can be really difficult. Therefore, it is smart to start it in the morning, where you can eat fruit in your oatmeal or yogurt or blended into a delicious smoothie.