How to Clear the Clutter
Clutter creates negative chi. This page includes tips to help you determine what is clutter. We often become attached to items that no longer serve a purpose for us. These items then start collection dust and become CLUTTER. Clutter and negative chi can create problems in any area of the Bagua. If you are having problems in a certain situation, take a look at the corresponding Bagua sections and CLEAR the CLUTTER.
Clutter of any kind, creates an obstacle course for chi (invisible flowing energy.) This in turn creates congestion, confusion and obstruction for people residing in cluttered spaces.
Removing clutter in most cases is more powerful in transforming energy and situations than implementing Feng Shui (fung shui) cures with out this step. It certainly is the primary beginning in using Feng Shui. If you have dabbled in using Feng Shui without this step, you will be amazed at the immediate results you will see when this is implemented.
You may often recall when you have a cold or are feeling “under the weather”, your living environment becomes cluttered. This is due to the stagnant chi. Your environment is a reflection of the way you feel on the inside. When you are feeling blah it effects your motivation to “move”, therefore creating stagnation. It is then mirrored on the outside. The clutter on the outside also creates stagnation also making internal motivation to “move” decrease more. This we have the never-ending cycle of CLUTTER.
Is it Trash or Treasure?
- Ask yourself the following questions to help you determine if you should keep an item.
- Do I use it?
- Do I need it?
- Is it broken, damaged or inoperable?
- If I lost it in a fire, would I replace it exactly as it is?
- Does it bring me joy?
- Would I put it in my wealth area to manifest 100 times?
- What image or energy does it send to the Universe?
- Does it bring in past energy, negative thoughts, memories or emotions?
- Would I move with it 5 times?
- Will it be of pleasure or use to my heirs?
- Organization equals positive chi. Here are some things you can do to help yourself get organized.
- Hang clothes in closets by color.
- Label boxes with contents.
- Store similar items in the same location.
- Store things that are used regularly in a easy to get to place.
- Create a home for things near where they are most frequently used.
- Make it easy for things to be put away and retrieved. We are most likely to do it if it is EASY.
- Create a place for the things you want to clear out. Create 4 boxes Trash, Recycle, Donate, and Give. Give to your friends what you know they will use, donate and recycle as much as you can and trash the rest.
- Focus on one area of the house at a time.
Clutter and the Bagua
- Having clutter and negative chi in the bagua can have the following effects:
- Wealth – A jam in cash flow, have to work through a lot of obstacles in order to have income, or stagnant income.
- Reputation – Popularity and reputation decrease, enthusiasm and excitement wane.
- Relationships – difficulty in finding a life partner or problems in existing relationship. Could also effect client relationships.
- Projects/Children – Can never finish what you start, difficult time starting new projects, ok to have useful clutter in this area.
- Guides and Travel – Feeling of going through it alone, difficulty in planning and executing travel arrangements.
- Life Path/Career – Feeling of fighting to get ahead, not knowing what you want from life.
- Inner self/Knowledge – Find it difficult to learn new things and make good decisions. Difficult to improve yourself.
- Ancestors – Problems with extended family members and authority figures.
- Health – Clutter here can create serious illness after long periods of time,. This area should be as cleared and open as possible.