Antioxidants help us for healthier life on many aspects like fighting against cancer and prevention of cancer and anti-aging. Here we have some instructions for using antioxidants in your diet to create vitality and health.
- Understand that antioxidants are especially concentrated in fruits and vegetables. Increasing the amount of fruits and vegetables in your diet means more of the good things instead of the bad.
- Aim to include at least one fruit and vegetables served at every meal. Meals should be low in fat and carbohydrates, enriched with fruit and vegetables, which are a substantial part of calories. Swapping a traditional side dish for a fruit or vegetable would be a good choice. The essential rule of the ideal nutrition is that the more colorful the fruit, the richer it is in antioxidants.
- Snack on these healthy staples. Change snacks to fresh fruits like apples, bananas, kiwi and berries and crunchy raw veggies with dip. Blend a fruit smoothie, rather than preparing a milkshake. Have a glass of pomegranate juice rather than a bottle of cola.
- Eat less bread and starches such as potatoes and rice to save room for fruit and vegetables.
- Choose canned, dried or frozen fruit if you can not get fresh. Eat the fruit alone or incorporate it into dishes to create more ways to eat the good stuff.
Shop farmer's markets for great deals on fresh, seasonal ingredients.
This post was published on March 8, 2016 11:54 pm