What is Breathing Exercise?
Breathing exercises are one of the simplest forms of exercise. It’s easy to do since breathing is the first thing you learn to do from the day you are born. Any breathing exercise is beneficial both to mens and womens health and can be used together with other forms of exercise to maintain lifetime fitness goals.
The best part about using breathing as a form of exercise is that it can be done almost anywhere. Exercises can be done at home, in the office, or just about anywhere where you feel that you have to relieve stress.
It also requires no equipment as you might with other exercises. Breathing as an exercise is also known to relieve headaches, hyperventilation and anxiety. It can also help your heart, relax your eyes and face muscles, reduce pain, and help with digestive problems.
How to conduct the breathing exercise
Below is a breathing exercise that’s easy to follow and that can be done sitting, standing or lying down. Beginners should only do this exercise continuously 2 or 3 times.
- Exhale deeply while contracting your stomach.
- Inhale slowly while expanding your abdomen.
- Continue inhaling, expanding your chest.
- Continue inhaling, raising your shoulders up towards your ears.
- Hold for a few seconds.
- Exhale slowly and release shoulders, relax chest, contract your stomach.